Thursday, June 18, 2009

WRITER'S MOMENT - Ilona Andrews

Ilona: You've captured a moment every writer has to overcome - I think we can all relate!
From Ilona's Blog:





June 10th, 2009 by Ilona Andrews
Yes

One wall in the living room is painted - white. Very nice white. Very clean and buyer-friendly.

I will now have to write Edge 2. I will sit here on my butt and try to get excited about writing Edge 2. Oh yes. Edge 2. Excited. Here we go.

Here we go.

A thousand words. I can do a thousand word in my sleep. Yep.

Any minute now. Aaaaany minute.

Maybe if I change the font.

Who names a font Centaur anyway? I expected little horsies.

Maybe I should start a whole new file.

Dear writing gods. Inspiration would be nice.

Maybe I should go look at my bank account. That ought to help.

Come on, Ilona. Who wants a shiny new contract in the fall? Who isn’t going to get said contract unless she writes the books she’s already contracted for.

I can do it.

You know what would help, what if I back up all of my writing onto this usb drive and delete everything I don’t need. Then I wouldn’t have all those folders. Ooh, it lights up. Cool beans.

5 minutes of copying… Tadadam. Tadadadam. I should clean out my downloads too while I am at it. I minute and 5 seconds. Maybe a new wallpaper for the screen.

Ooh. Something Diana Francis might like
http://www.wincustomize.com/zoom.aspx?skinid=40209&libid=8

Hmm kinda pretty http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=37926&libid=8

Okay. Everything is cleaned out. Like it or not, I have to work. New file. Arial font. 1,000 words. See you on the other side.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment